Do your little ones consume a balanced and healthy breakfast filled with daily essentials such as Vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins and fats?
Did you know?
- More than 40% of Pakistani kids are Vitamin A deficient, while over 60% have Vitamin D deficiency (1)
- 1/4th of your child’s daily strength requirements should come from breakfast (2)
- Children need up to 30% of their calorie intake from fat and fat quality is key (3)
One serving of Blue Band (20g) gives 24% Vitamin A and 30% Vitamin D of daily requirement.
Why Vitamin A and Vitamin D?
- Vitamin A helps to maintain a normal skin, normal vision and contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Vitamin D helps normal calcium absorption, normal function of the immune system and the maintenance of normal bones and muscle function
- Importance of a balanced breakfast for your little ones
- Children who eat breakfast are more able to concentrate, pay attention and are more alert at school (4)
- Children who regularly eat breakfast also tend to have a lower body mass index than those who don’t and have a reduced risk of becoming overweight or obese. (5)
A nutritious breakfast is a start to an energetic day!
- The 2018 Pakistan National Nutrition Survey (NNS 2018): https://www.unicef.org/pakistan/media/1871/file/Key%20Findings-National%20Nutrition%20Survey%202018.pdf
- Nyaradi A, Li J, Hickling S, Foster J, et al. The role of nutrition in children’s neurocognitive development, from pregnancy through childhood. Front Hum Neurosci. 2013;7:97.
- WHO/FAO. Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition Report of an expert consultation. FAO, Rome, 2010.
- Adolphus K, Lawton CL, Dye L. The effects of breakfast on behavior and academic performance in children and adolescents. Front Hum Neurosci. 2013;7(August):425.
- De la Hunty A et al (2013). Does Regular Breakfast Cereal Consumption Help Children and Adolescents Stay Slimmer? A systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Obesity Facts 6: 70-85